Aug 20, 2014

Life is Good!

Every 2 years I visit my GP for a full Medical exam and, once again, my GP gave me an "A+"!

Blood work excellent, cholesterol levels excellent, organs (heart, kidneys, liver, thyroid, lungs, etc) excellent.  Zero risk of Diabetes, Heart Disease or Prostate Cancer.

He always seems amazed by this, as he is so used to seeing different results ... especially in men my age.  We always have great conversations about health and what it is I'm doing to stay so healthy.

No secret ... I live a healthy lifestyle!  I eat natural foods.  I avoid processed foods, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, wheat, and junk foods.  I limit my intake of alcohol.  I don't smoke. I train / move regularly, but not in excess, and recover properly.  I avoid stress.  I do my best to get enough sleep.  In summary, I take care of the one asset that I can never replace .... my body!

If we live the way we are designed to, our bodies have an amazing capacity to heal, stay healthy, and age gracefully.

Doc says I am a "lean, mean, machine" and the only thing that's going to kill me is getting hit by a dump truck while riding my bike.  Nice!  I better avoid dump trucks!  LOL!


No comments: